ARTIST TALK with NANCY AGATI: Wednesday, 9 AUGUST at 7:30pm in Main & Station’s secondfloor gallery, 168 Main Street, Parrsboro.
Winner of the 2016 Nonesuch Art of Paper L’Usine de papier Award for the most creative paper construction for her work Nectar, Nancy Agati is an artist living and working in Philadelphia. She is currently in Parrsboro for a Nonesuch Art Residency and, in addition to working on her on projects, is offering Carving The Sea, a Community Art Project which invites public participation.
The tools and materials Nancy uses tend to change piece by piece depending on the concept of the work. Most often she leans toward finding objects from nature to lead the way for a project. Natural materials that inspire her include vines, mica, birch bark, driftwood, wasp nests, seed pods, insect trails et cetera.
Along with making artwork, Nancy is employed as a studio art instructor.
Carving the Sea is a Community Art Project which invites the public to participate in creating a large carving that can then be used as a relief sculpture and/or a block from which to create a print. Nancy has brought along tools to allow participation of 10-12 people at a time. If you would like to participate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. PASSERSBY ARE ALSO WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE so you may also come by Main & Station on Saturday 12 August to just watch or to join in as space and tools allow.
For more information about Nancy Agati and her artwork, please visit her website http://www.nancyagati.com
Among her many talents and experiences, Kaylaira Lea is a traveller, an artist, and a professional volunteer. She has a visual arts degree from Kansas City Art Institute, training and career as a filmmaker in Toronto, training and work in metal sculpture, and years as a dance-theatre choreographer and director. After years of travelling around the world as a volunteer, Kaylaira has returned to Parrsboro to spend some time reacquainting herself with old friends and to share with us some of what she has picked up along the way.
To meet Kaylaira and hear about her practice, please join us for her Artist’s Talk at Main & Station on Wednesday, 5 July at 7:30 pm.
Kaylaira is also offering the following workshops, ceremonies, and meditations. Please register NOW to reserve your spot!
- JULY 2017 7am daily – Finding Fluidity through Yoga http://hmsnonesuch.com/finding-fluidity-through-yoga/
- JULY 5, 7:30pm ~ Artist Talk
- JULY 5 Earth Moving Meditation – 11am -http://hmsnonesuch.com/earth-moving-meditations/
- JULY 9 Medicine Wheel Exploration http://hmsnonesuch.com/medicine-wheel-exploration/
- JULY 9 Fire Ceremony http://hmsnonesuch.com/fire-ceremony/
- JULY 12 Connecting with your Animal Guide http://hmsnonesuch.com/connecting-with-your-animal-guide/
- JULY 19 Art Under Foot with Kaylaira Lea http://hmsnonesuch.com/art-under-foot/ PLEASE NOTE: Registration for this workshop closes on 10 JULY.
- JULY 23 Creating Your Story through Sound and Movement with Kaylaira Lea…http://hmsnonesuch.com/creating-your-story-through-sound-and-movement/
- JULY 23 Moon Ceremony – 9pm - http://hmsnonesuch.com/moon-ceremony/
- JULY 26 Earth Moving Meditation- 3pm -http://hmsnonesuch.com/earth-moving-meditations/
To learn more about Kaylaira Lea, please view the various workshop pages (see links above) and visit her site here https://kaylaira.wordpress.com
Main & Station is delighted to announce more of the same coming soon to a block nearby…studios, performances, collaborations, exhibitions, and more than can be imagined…
For information about our residency program, please see here http://hmsnonesuch.com/nonesuch-residencies/
Many things go on under these roofs including, residencies for artists, writers, dancers, scientists and curious folk of all stripes, workshops, performances, art exhibitions, poetry nights, collaborations, lectures, installations, a Secondhand Bookshop, and a good cup of coffee.
Would you like to apply for a residency, teach or attend a workshop?
Interested in volunteering?
To find out more about what we do, and to participate, come see us, call us, email us, and look over our website.
Main & Station Nonesuch Kickshaws, Residencies, Books Nonesuch Art Of Paper Awards PO Box 507 168 Main Street Parrsboro, Nova Scotia, B0M 1S0 514-979-3978 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org