The Awards are open to all Artists, with no restrictions of age*, sex, nationality or any other qualifications. Each artist can participate with one or more artworks. It is not a requirement that works be previously unpublished.
*If an artist is under the age of majority in their country or province of residence as of 1 May 2017, then the artist must review the Conditions of Entry and Submission Guidelines with his or her parent or legal guardian to make sure his or her parent or legal guardian understands the conditions and agrees to be bound by them. Artists who are under the age of majority must include a signed statement from a parent or legal guardian with the submission form that the guidelines have been reviewed and accepted.
- Contemporary works on or with paper. The work must include or feature paper.
- Works may be 2-dimensional or multi-dimensional.
- Original prints and photographic prints must be numbered, in limited editions.
- The work must be signed.
- There is no size limit.
- Works do not need to be framed.
- Work must be ready for hanging / installation.
- Please indicate at time of entry if there are any unusual or unconventional requirements to install or hang the work.
- Work must be completely dry.
Works which fails to meet any of the above conditions may be disqualified and Nonesuch Art Of Paper Awards / Main & Station Ltd reserves the right to withdraw them.
Nonesuch Art Of Paper Awards / Main & Station Ltd reserves the right to determine the most appropriate method for displaying work.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entries must be available for display, and for sale, for the entire duration of the exhibitions.
- In the case of sale, Main & Station Nonesuch will retain a 40% commission on the sale made. The money raised from any sales will be used exclusively to help support residency and award programs.
- Entrants may submit as many artworks as they wish but each work submitted constitutes a separate entry and an entry fee must be paid for each work entered.
- Finalists selected will be required to ship or deliver the original artwork to Main & Station for in situ viewing and exhibition.
- The cost of shipping artworks to and from Main & Station are the responsibility of the artist and we accept no liability for any damage done to any of the works.
Entrants permit the Nonesuch Art Of Paper Awards / Main & Station Ltd to reproduce their work by print and electronic media for the purpose of the catalogues as well as for advertising and promotion of the Nonesuch Art Of Paper Awards both on our website and elsewhere.
From the eligible submissions, the jury will select the finalists. Finalists will be required to submit the original works for in-situ viewing by the jury and for public exhibitions of finalist works. In 2016 there were 75 works selected for the finalist exhibitions. The number of finalists will depend upon the works submitted.
Selection of finalists is at the sole discretion of the jurors and their decision is final.
Once the finalists have been determined, all entrants will be advised of the outcome, and those artists invited to participate in the exhibition will receive instruction on how and where to send their work. Finalists who do not submit the original work for the jury process and exhibitions will be disqualified from consideration for any awards.
If you have questions about the conditions of entry, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org