Among her many talents and experiences, Kaylaira Lea is a traveller, an artist, and a professional volunteer. She has a visual arts degree from Kansas City Art Institute, training and career as a filmmaker in Toronto, training and work in metal sculpture, and years as a dance-theatre choreographer and director. After years of travelling around the world as a volunteer, Kaylaira has returned to Parrsboro to spend some time reacquainting herself with old friends and to share with us some of what she has picked up along the way.
To meet Kaylaira and hear about her practice, please join us for her Artist’s Talk at Main & Station on Wednesday, 5 July at 7:30 pm.
Kaylaira is also offering the following workshops, ceremonies, and meditations. Please register NOW to reserve your spot!
- JULY 2017 7am daily – Finding Fluidity through Yoga http://hmsnonesuch.com/finding-fluidity-through-yoga/
- JULY 5, 7:30pm ~ Artist Talk
- JULY 5 Earth Moving Meditation – 11am -http://hmsnonesuch.com/earth-moving-meditations/
- JULY 9 Medicine Wheel Exploration http://hmsnonesuch.com/medicine-wheel-exploration/
- JULY 9 Fire Ceremony http://hmsnonesuch.com/fire-ceremony/
- JULY 12 Connecting with your Animal Guide http://hmsnonesuch.com/connecting-with-your-animal-guide/
- JULY 19 Art Under Foot with Kaylaira Lea http://hmsnonesuch.com/art-under-foot/ PLEASE NOTE: Registration for this workshop closes on 10 JULY.
- JULY 23 Creating Your Story through Sound and Movement with Kaylaira Lea…http://hmsnonesuch.com/creating-your-story-through-sound-and-movement/
- JULY 23 Moon Ceremony – 9pm - http://hmsnonesuch.com/moon-ceremony/
- JULY 26 Earth Moving Meditation- 3pm -http://hmsnonesuch.com/earth-moving-meditations/
To learn more about Kaylaira Lea, please view the various workshop pages (see links above) and visit her site here https://kaylaira.wordpress.com
Main & Station is pleased to announce the 2nd edition of the international NONESUCH ART OF PAPER AWARDS.
- The Nonesuch Best Work Award
- L’Usine de Papier Award
- The Main & Station Award
- The Griffintown Award
- The Wellington Church Awards
For the first edition 230 entries were received from 17 different countries, including Argentina, Australia, Estonia, France, Italy, Israel, Japan, Spain, and the United States of America. Over 35 submissions came from artists living in the Maritime Provinces and over 55 from the island of Montreal.
The NONESUCH ART OF PAPER AWARDS were created and funded by artists and supporters of the arts. Main & Station Nonesuch Kickshaws is a privately funded endeavour based in Parrsboro, Nova Scotia and Montreal, Canada that promotes the arts and humanities.