- Entries must be submitted using the entry form that will be posted on this site before 27 January 2017. Entries will be accepted between 27 January 2017 and 30 April 2017. Entries can be sent by email or by post or courrier.
- Artists may submit as many artworks as they wish but each work submitted constitutes a separate entry. A separate entry fee of $30 +HST (= $34.50) must be added for each work entered. must be submitted for each work entered. Thus if you enter 3 works, a payment of $103.50 should be included.
- Entries submitted by post or courrier must be postmarked and/or received between before 30 April 2017.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter ONLINE or BY MAIL
1. Download the entry form here… NAOPA-Submissions-Form-2017 (pdf) or NAOPA-Submissions-Form-2017 (doc)
2. Fill out contact and artwork details and save the form with your name as a suffix; e.g. NAOPA-Submissions-Form_2017_John Smith.pdf
3. Image Specifications
Photographic images must accurately represent entered artworks in terms of colour, detail and texture. If accepted work does not conform to the submitted image(s) it may be refused for exhibition.
– 2 dimensional work— up to two (2) images: one (1) image showing the entire work (without frame visible)—plus one (1) image showing significant detail (optional)
– Multi-dimensional work —up to five (5) images showing the entire work and significant detail
Acceptable formats – JPEG (300ppi) Dimensions – minimum 1024 pixels on longest side Maximum file size – 4MB
Each image filename must comprise the title of the work or part thereof, followed by a number (if more than one image is uploaded per entry). Example – Dog_In_A_Silly_Hat.jpg / Dog_In_A_Silly_Hat_2.jpg
If applying by mail, you can send digital files on a DVD or memory stick or you can include at least one (1) printed picture of each work (minimum size: 15×20 cm – maximum size: 20x30cm) including artist’s name and surname, country, title, size, technique, year on the back side of the picture. The documentation (photographs included) will not be returned to the artist.
4. Pay entry fees – $30 +HST = $34.50 (non-refundable) per entry (payable by cheque, e-mail transfer, or PayPal). Thus if you enter 3 works, fees total $103.50.
- Pay the easy way with an Interac e-Transfer: simply go to your online bank and send an e-transfer to [email protected].
- If you are paying by cheque, make your cheque payable to Main & Station Ltd.
- If you are sending a payment by PayPal, please send it to [email protected], otherwise simply mark PayPal on the form and we will email you a PayPal invoice.
- If you wish to pay by credit card, select PayPal when you enter and we will email you a PayPal invoice. If you are sending your PayPal payment directly, please send it to [email protected].
5. Attach a short biography (not more than 500 words)
6. Send the form, image files, biography, and proof of payment to [email protected]
put it all in an envelope and send the form, image files or prints, biography, and cheque or proof of payment to
Main & Station Nonesuch Kickshaws
PO Box 507
Parrsboro, Nova Scotia
Canada, B0M 1S0.
No artist statements are required and should not be included.
If you have questions about the awards and how to enter, please email: [email protected] or write to Main & Station Nonesuch Kickshaws, PO Box 507, Parrsboro, Nova Scotia, Canada, B0M 1S0.