- 6:00 – 9:00 pm Monday, July 13: Drawing Blind Charcoal Workshop REGISTER NOW !
- 10:30 am Tuesday, July 14 : Donna Jacobs __in residence Artist’s Talk
- 7:30 pm Tuesday, July 14 : Poetry at the PO with featured poet Donna Jacobs
- 10:30 am Wednesday, July 15 : Bruce Wark’s Visible Voices: The Radio Revolution
- 5:00 pm Wednesday, July 15 : Drawing Out Loud – Faces of Lyme Disease – Exhibit Opening & Soirée
- 10:30 am Thursday, July 16 : Maxine Westhead with Mudflats of Minas: the weird and the wonderful
- 10 am – 1 pm Saturday, July 18: Drawing Blind Charcoal Workshop REGISTER NOW !!
- Ongoing : DRAWING OUT LOUD EXHIBITION continues in our secondfloor gallery.
DON’T MISS THE EXHIBITION OPENING of Drawing Out Loud - Faces of Lyme Disease
Also, this week we have 3 NONESUCH TALKS :
On Tuesday, July 14 come listen to Quebec artist and poet Donna Jacobs talk about her work.
On Wednesday, July 15 tune in for Bruce Wark‘s – Visible Voices: The Radio Revolution PART II Why and how was radio invented? Who made the world’s first broadcast? And what can we “see” when we listen to it? Veteran radiophile Bruce Wark takes us on an audio tour: radio then and now.
On Thursday, July 16 enjoy Mudflats of Minas: the weird and the wonderful with Maxine Westhead – Marine organisms abound in what looks like a lifeless surface. Marine Biologist at the Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Maxine Westhead talks about the Minas Basin Mudflats.
POETRY NIGHT IS TUESDAYS AT 7:30 !!!
For the regular tuesday Poetry Night this week we are pleased to welcome war poet Donna Jacobs from Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, Québec. Come hear selections from her book Still In Arms. A mother’s perspective of a soldier’s life and sacrifices.
Next week on July 21st, Truro poet Chad Norman will join us as featured poet. Chad has published some 15 books and his 16th, Learning To Settle Down, is due out this Fall from Black Moss Press. Chad’s 17th book, Waking Up On The Wrong Side Of The Sky, illustrated by Truro artist Bruce Wood, is a children’s book – also poetry – due out later this year. Chad will read to us from Learning To Settle Down and from Masstown, a collection that celebrates the once-thriving dairy community west of Truro, in Colchester County. You can read more about Chad Norman here: http://sandraphinney.com/author-author/author-author-2/
**Please note that the café is open from 10am -2pm Tuesdays – Saturdays and for coffee, snacks and dinner each Tuesday from 5 P.M. and we are also open By Chance or By Reservation. If the door is open or the lights are on, please stop in.