BLACK DOG & ONE-EYED PRESS is currently seeking submissions of up to five poems. We anticipate the 2021 print publication of a book of paintings along with poems which speak to or in some way reflect upon the state of the world in 2020 and the ways in which we, as individuals and as societies, have responded, and/or how we might imagine going forward.
The paintings will be selected from a series which artist and educator Bill Liebeskind began a few weeks into the Covid lockdown in NYC. Each painting shows someone in a mask. To view the paintings, please visit Liebeskind’s Instagram feed: Bill Liebeskind, or his Covid blog here https://billliebeskind.medium.com/91-divoc-1cb1020197de
All styles of poetry are welcome.
Please read the guidelines below.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & INFORMATION
- Deadline: Submissions must be received by 31 December, 2020.
- Where: Send to email@example.com and include the words “masked submission” in the subject of your email.
- Bio: Include a very brief bio. 75 words or less.
- Format: Send your submission as a single PAGES or WORD file. If formatting is important, please also include a PDF.
- Simultaneous submissions: Please note if your submission is a simultaneous submission and let us know if it is accepted elsewhere.
- Confirmation: We aim to acknowledge receipt of all submissions within 1 – 3 weeks. If you have not heard from us after three weeks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Publication: Poets whose work is selected will be notified by 15 March 2021.
- Copyright: Black Dog & One-Eyed Press holds first serial rights for material that we publish. The copyright automatically reverts to the author upon publication. We ask that Black Dog & One-Eyed Press be acknowledged in any subsequent publication of the work. It is ok to submit previously published poems so long as the author holds the copyright. If the work has been previously published, please list where and when it was published.
- Payment: a copy of the anthology.